Saturday, November 23, 2013

Boston Marathon Pre-Training Session #3


Today was another pretty cold day in the Willamette Valley at about 43 degree when I ran this morning.  I decided to run on a route that a completed several times during my last training session that goes out Hwy 99 to Lewisburg Rd., to Highland Dr up the hill, then back down Highland, and then home.  As I ran up the hill I was reminded of the many times I thought about the tough things we go through in life, and it is just a couple of minutes of pain to get up the hill.  Our friend Shauna passed away one year ago yesterday, and I thought of her on the top of the hill.. remembering her battle, her courage, her faith, and her strength. My wife Christina as been battling breast cancer for the last two and a half years, and I admire her courage, faith, and strength.  This fuels me to push up the hill.


r

No comments:

Post a Comment