Thursday, January 9, 2014

Boston Marathon Training - Week #2 Day #3– 5 Miles 3 Miles at MP

 

Gratitude.  Today I was excited to train at marathon pace!  I started off my run slow and easy, and popped in an episode of the Adam Carolla Podcast.  I took it slow for the first mile, heading from HP to the hill on Highland Dr. in Corvallis.  I hit mile one right about as I cross highway 99.  I sped up to Marathon pace targeting 7:20 min/mil. About a half mile in to the three mile marathon pace part of the workout, Bald Bryan Bishop .. whom has a brain tumor btw, started speaking about Gratitude. This spoke to me as during this difficult time it is hard to have gratitude, however I think it is something I should not take for granted.  I thought as started running up the hill that I am grateful for having met the love of my life, I am grateful for our children, I am grateful for having a great career at a great company, I am grateful for all of my family and friends, I am grateful for living this united states that allow us many freedoms and ability to realize our dreams.  se are the things I thought of as the incline continued to increase.. I am grateful for having the ability to run, I am grateful that I am about the reach the peak of this hill, I am grateful that I am now going downhill, I am grateful that I am now back to an easy pace! 

This was an interesting run, and I did feel pretty good in that I was able to hit about 7:27 min/mil with hills for three miles relatively easily (160 avg. heart rate).  I was able to reflect on the important things in my life that I am grateful for, and looking forward to spending some time with my wife at the coast tomorrow during my rest day!

 

Gratitude

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are finding positive aspects in your life as opposed to focusing on the resurgence of cancer that I am experiencing. Gratitude is a beautiful thing! Beauty surrounds us, even in the dark moments of our lives. There is much to be grateful for – I agree! Sharing the rest of this lifetime, knowing you are standing with me, brings me peace. You my darling are loved – forever.

    ReplyDelete