Sunday, January 8, 2012

21 Miles , 199LBs, & 6 - Month Diagnosis Anniversary, What a Weekend!

This weekend seemed to fly by after having the extended holiday break. On Saturday I ran 12 miles, and Christina, Jackson, and I went on a 5 mile bike ride. The weather was pretty nice considering, and we had a fun time.  I weighed myself after my run,and I can now say that I weigh less than 200 pounds! Just a couple of years ago I weight 269 pounds, and the beginning of last year I was at 230 pounds.  It has taken a while to lose the extra weight, but I think I did it in a healthy way by adjusting my lifestyle, and set realistic goals.  After my brief celebration I gave Christina a massage, and relaxed the rest of the day.

Yesterday, January 7th, was the six month anniversay of Christina's diagnose. We chose to celebrate this day by living life to the fullest, and took a trip to Newport.  We were married at the Oregon Coast, and love visiting every chance we get.  Corvallis was socked in with fog, but just a few miles outside of Philomath the skies were blue and fog free.  The coast was beautifully sunny, but a bit chill.  There were a bunch of surfers hitting the waves decked out in wet suits.  We had fun running around on the beach with the kids, taking a few pictures, and taking in the beauty of the Oregon Coast.

After getting back home I went out for my 9 mile steady run.  It was foggy and chilly, but a farily nice and easy run.  This amounted to 21 miles over the weekend, which is amazing to me because today I felt like it was just another 9 mile run.  Crazy, a couple of years ago I could not run one mile under 8:00 minutes! It is one week from the Cascade Half Marathon, and I am better prepared than my last run in Lebanon in October.

Tonight we will relax, eat a little cake, and give my beautiful wife a nice long massage.

Please post your comments!
See you next week!


Surfing at the Oregon Coast
Oregon Coast ~ Great View
Visit
Christina's Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment