Thursday, January 19, 2012

Water logged

As many of you know, the flooding conditions in the valley are getting pretty bad.  Around our neck of the woods the Willamette river is very high, and there is some major flooding in Philomath causing some road closure.  After the half marathon last Sunday, I completed a couple of runs out in the rain trying to avoid the small ponds in the roads, overflowing culverts, and oncoming vechicles dousing with road grim as they plow through the aforementioned ponds in the road. The plus side is that the temperature has risen, so the runs have been pleasant.  With all the rain, I haven't created in new videos for fear to water logging my camera/phone!  Yesterday I ran 9 miles at a pretty good pace, 7:38/mi.  My workout schedule doesnt' start for about a week, however I felt good so I ran at a best that felt good. Today I decided to switch it up and go to the gym at the HP site, free is a really good price!  I hit the weights, and did the elliptical.

Over the last couple of days, Christina have been talking more about creating our own race.  Something came to be the other day; what about having a race at the beach?  We love the coast, we were married at the coast, why not have our race there?  Christina though it was a great idea, and we are making a few calls to see what it would take.  If you know of someone that has created a 5k/10k fundraiser, please let us know. In the meantime, we are going to the coast this weekend and I hope to do a run on the beach.  I'll post some videos weather permitting.

See you next time!
 Visit Christina's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment