Wednesday, January 4, 2012

6M Steady Run ~ First day back to work after the holiday break, looking forward to a nice steady run on a flat route



Today was one of those days in which you really need to get away from the office.  I spent most of the moring and early afternoon tryingto get back into the swing of things at work, while trying to wade through the mountain of email in my inbox! Around 2:30PM I was finally able to get out to do my 6 mile run, but I didn't decide on exactly where I was going to run, just that I need to get it done before I started getting dark.  This time of year that is around 5PM. So I just started running from sunset park thinking I would just make a loop around the OSU area.  I hit SW Reservoir Ave around the 2 mile mark. None of my previous routes used this road, so no time better than the present right? There went my goal of having an easy, flat run!

If you click on the "View Details" in the Garmin Connect link below you can see the elevation profile, which is steadily uphill until about 3.5 miles.  After all the 400's yesterday my quads where not liking the hills that much.  I had to call on my inner strength to push me through to the turn around point. These are the times I test myself, and the times that I am apprectivite to have the
ability to be physically active while many others do not.  On the downhill, I just put on the cruise control and relaxed for the rest of the run. All in all it was a good run.
Visit
Christina's Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment