Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home Alone, Hitting The Track

Recently Christina went to visit a new friend that has colon cancer. The woman is very young with young childern, and the outlook is not very good. It amazes me everyday by the number of people affected by cancer, and now that we are in the population how it seems to touch our lives directly and indirectly every day. We talked about the struggles that cancer patients go through, and it is very difficult to say the least. Christina has an immense capacity to give, even while battling cancer. She visits friends that are having a bad day, talks with other women various forms of cancer, continues to mother our many childern both near and far, and of course is the most amazing wife. Today Christina went to visit her friend Leslie up in Newberg, and later we will both attend our son's basketball game. What a woman! While Christina was visiting, I took a break around lunch time to run some intervals. During the many laps around the track at Corvallis High my mind was lost in just trying to keep my pace, I didn't think about work, about cancer, or about anything else really. I was so focused that after the run I forgot to capture my post run video! Anyway, it was a good workout and I hit my laptimes within pace.
Visit Christina's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment